Question: How do I participate?
Answer: Participation is a two step process.
- The best way to register is online on this site. Registration is currently full; however, you are welcome to register on the waiting list in case a spot becomes available.
2. Sign In and Shuffle Bib Number pick up
- Sign in and Shuffle Bib Number pick up for the Full Shuffle will be at the Shinglemill at 07:25 a.m. the morning of the run/hike. *PLEASE NOTE! ALL SIGN IN WILL TAKE PLACE AT THE SHINGLEMILL THIS YEAR. THERE WILL BE NO SIGN IN AT MALASPINA ROAD SO ALL SHUFFLERS MUST REGISTER AT THE SHINGLEMILL.
- Sign in and Bib number pick up for the Half Shuffle will be at the Shinglemill at 9:00 a.m. the morning of the run/hike. *PLEASE NOTE! ALL SIGN IN WILL TAKE PLACE AT THE SHINGLEMILL THIS YEAR. THERE WILL BE NO SIGN IN AT TOMKINSON ROAD SO ALL SHUFFLERS MUST REGISTER AT THE SHINGLEMILL.
- **Due to high volume, we will have traffic controllers on Tomkinson Road; if you are in a vehicle, please be patient and follow their instructions to ensure safety and efficient parking and sign in for everyone.**
Question: Where do I register on the day of the event?
Answer: There is no last minute registration. All participants MUST be registered ahead of time. Remember – the best way to register is online.
Question: How long does it take to hike the whole 29 km? How about the 12 km Half Shuffle?
Answer: It takes between six to eight hours to hike the full 29 km, with six hours being a steady pace without much time spent taking breaks and smelling the orchids. Runners take between three to five hours. It takes a leisurely four or five hours or less to hike the Half Shuffle. Hiking the Half Shuffle is a great introduction to the Sunshine Coast Trail. It is is the preferred option for photographers or those people wishing to stop for a picnic and perhaps a swim at Sliammon Lake or at Shangri-La.
Question: What do I do if I decide not to complete the entire route?
Answer: It is very important that you turn your Shuffle Bib Number in to a volunteer or event official, either at a checkpoint, or at the finish line at the Shingle Mill. All participants will be tracked throughout the Shuffle by way of the run bib number – failure to turn in the run bib will cause event organizers to believe that you are still out on the course somewhere and send Search & Rescue out to look for you.
Question: How do I get from the Shingle Mill parking lot out to the start at Malaspina Road?
Answer: There will be a bus service shuttling runners/hikers doing the full shuffle from the Shinglemill to the start at Malaspina Road. The bus leaves between 8:00 and 8:15 a.m., or when full.
There will be a bus service shuttling runners/hikers doing the half shuffle from the Shinglemill to the start at Tomkinson Road. The bus leaves at 9:30 a.m., or when full.
Question: If I leave my car at Malaspina Road, how do I get back out there after the Shuffle?
Answer: There is no service to retrieve your vehicle. People should make these carpooling arrangements at the race sign in before the Shuffle.
Question: Is there any carpooling for the Half Shuffle?
Answer: Yes, there will be a bus service shuttling runners/hikers doing the half shuffle from the Shinglemill to the start at Tomkinson Road. The bus leaves at 9:30 a.m., or when full.
There will also be a bus service for people coming from Vancouver Island and travelling on the Sunday morning ferry from Comox to Powell River. The bus will be waiting at the ferry terminal for you to take you to the Shinglemill, where sign-in for the half shuffle will commence at 9 a.m.
Question: What’s the registration fee?
Answer: There is no registration fee, but to raise funds for trail maintenance and improvements we encourage participants to make a donation, or to buy a PRPAWS membership, a Shuffle t-shirt and/or a SCT Passport, the proceeds of which get pumped back into trail maintenance and improvements 100%.
Question: How can I get a Shuffle T-shirt and/or SCT Passport?
Answer: Shirts, passports, guidebooks and other items will be available on a first-come first-serve basis at the finish line. All of these items can also be purchased at Tourism Powell River.
Question: How can I make a donation?
Answer: You can make a donation online, or make a cheque out to: PRPAWS, and mail it to: Box 345, Powell River, BC, V8A 5C2, or bring your cheque or cash to the Shuffle. You will be issued a tax receipt that will be mailed to you. Your donation will be used to maintain and improve the trail throughout the year. We are building another hut, another kiosk, more benches, picnic tables, swimming docks, camp sites, outhouses and shelters along the whole 180 km of the Sunshine Coast Trail. Your donation is an important component for the success of the SCT.
Question: Will there be a Lost & Found?
Answer: Yes! A station will be set up at the finish line at the merchandise tent.