Powell River Parks And Wilderness Society (PAWS) Constitution (1992)
The purposes of the society are:
- to establish accessible parks and wilderness areas in the Powell River district, with linking corridors where possible;
- to protect old growth in a variety of settings;
- to promote recreation and tourism in these areas through publicity and education;
- to work through appropriate agencies;
- to encourage public participation in the establishment, development, and maintenance of protected areas;
- to promote social comradeship through a common interest in outdoor activities;
- to stimulate and further interest in activities such as hiking, canoeing, walking and the observation and study of the natural environment; and to help protect our natural heritage for this and future generations.
PAWS Bylaws are the British Columbia Society Act Schedule B.